Tuesday, September 20, 2011

book smart

I love a good coffeeshop and this one really flips me on my head...or side. D'Espresso opened on the lower East side in Manhattan just a few blocks from the NY Public Library. The concept is brilliant. Anurag Nema and his team at nemaworkshop designed the cafe with a nod to its unique location--but with a trippy twist. The owner, Mr. Kagansky, plans to open 10 more in Manhattan and other major cities. “The next one will be completely upside down,” he said.


photos from here
Nauseating or genius?..I think maybe a little of both. Can't wait to visit.

D’Espresso, 317 Madison Avenue (42nd Street)

1 comment:

  1. As you and your brother and sisters used to say, "that makes me nachos." I would have to take a pass on coffee at D'Espresso but I can think of about a million other people who would love it up.

    ReplyDelete