Monday, October 4, 2010

bike lust



So, I have been incredibly disappointed in humanity after my beloved black beach cruiser was stolen three weeks ago but hope was restored when, walking down Abbot Kinney in Venice, CA the other day, I discovered Linus Bikes. The company is the brainchild of Adam McDemott and Chad Kushner, both South African natives. With just a handful of styles and colors, Linus keeps it simple, but detail isn't lost on them. Inspired by French styles from the ’50s and ’60s, the elegant new bicycles are very grown-up. The stream-line “roadster” (my personal favorite) features leather handle bars and saddle seat. Is it wrong that I want to buy every beautiful bike I see? They also recently came out with their own line of simple yet functional canvas accessories like double-sided farmers’ market bags and small pouches for keys and a wallet. So simple. So sweet. Go in for a test ride? Don’t mind if I do.

1 comment:

  1. Cooper, I love your blog! How fun is it to get to catch up on what you are thinking when you are not even in the area! I love you lots and no you are not lame for having your aunt as one of your biggest fans! You're not, I'm really sure you're not!

    ReplyDelete